What is a Light Shaping Diffuser?
Manufactured by Luminit - LSDs are light-diffusing films with patented holographic patterns embedded into optically clear polycarbonate or polyester sheets. These innovative materials homogenize and directionally shape light with high-transmission efficiency. Applications that could benefit from this technology are LED lighting, architectural lighting, recessed downlighting, signs & displays. Light-diffusing films are available with three types of angles: circular, elliptical, and linear.
- Circular spread a light source into a larger circular pattern, and for this reason, they are used widely across many industries.
- Elliptical diffuser angles include 80 x 50, and 60 x 10. Common applications include hallways and specialty lighting that highlights a specific area.
- Linear diffusers, typically 60 x 1 (60 along the width, and 1 along the length) are commonly used in applications where light must be diffused into a line (for example, a bar code scanner).
Light Shaping Diffuser Material Specifics
- 82% - 92% light transmission efficiency
- Circular, elliptical, and linear beam angles from 1° - 80°
- Other material options: UV Stable, UL Approved
Why Marian & Luminit Light Shaping Diffusers?
- Marian offers specialty die-cutting capabilities of the fragile LSD material into custom intricate shapes
- Marian has experience exercising extreme caution, care, and attention to detail that is required to work with LSDs without scratching or marring the highly sensitive substrate.
- Marian has screen printing and embossing capabilities for ID placement on the die-cut LSD for the part and angle identification. This can be useful for installation instructions.
Marian provides a range of solutions for the lighting industry. View our webpage: Die cut Solutions for LED Lighting Enclosures
Contact Marian for a sample of Luminit's Light Shaping Diffuser films.