Hydrophobic microporus vents are a cost-effective way to protect your LED product by keeping dust and liquids out of the enclosure and relieving positive pressure or negative pressure in the enclosure.
COMMON LIGHTING APPLICATIONS
- Street Lighting
- Outdoor Architectural Luminaires
- Automotive Taillights, Headlights
POSSIBLE OUTCOMES FROM A POORLY VENTED LIGHT
- Product Failures - Caused by temperature changes (caused by operation cycles and outside environment), resulting in intrusion or condensation of moisture
- Lens Fogging resulting in poor light output - Caused by water that has entered the luminaire
- Compromised seals or joints around the enclosure - Caused by positive and negative pressure build-up
Protect your Light with POREX PTFE VENTS:
Key Benefits of the Material:
IP-Rated (up to IP 68), see our blog post about IP Ratings. UL 94-V-0, 5VA approvals; hydrophobic, oleophobic, UV and weather resistant; Thermally resistant (500ºF continuous use); High tensile strength.
DOWNLOAD our Venting Materials Brochure
View this video for a demonstration of the material.
Contact us for a material sample, inquiry or a quote!