3M™ has released a series of new attachment tapes for the automotive market with a goal to strengthen their offering in low VOC thin attachment tapes where increasing regulation and OEM/Tier suppliers are driving a larger need. Here are 10 things you should know about them:
1. 3M™ Low VOC tapes meet the standards of JAMA (Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association) which establishes values for 9 substances with defined limits for VIAQ (vehicle indoor air quality).
2. 3M™ Low VOC tapes also meet the standards and target values of The German Association of the Automotive Industry's VDA 278 test method.
3. 3M™ Low VOC Scrim Reinforced Transfer Tape 98010LVC is 3.9 mil thick with up to 135ºC short term heat resistance.
4. 3M™ Low VOC Double Coated Tissue Tape 99015LVC is 5.9 mil thick with up to 200ºC short term heat resistance.
5. Key Automotive Applications for these products include: Die-cut parts for Door pillar, door trim/bolster, headliner attachment, instrument panel, ventilation ducts, floor/carpet attachment, storage compartment and other part attachment
Marian offers die-cut solutions with these 3M™ low VOC tapes and transfer adhesives for your automotive applications. Marian is one of the largest 3M™ preferred converters in the world. Contact Marian for your automotive die-cutting needs.