Adding a gasket to seal a device, whether it is keeping out dust, air, water, or something else, seems like it would be an easy part of design. However, there are a multitude of material options available for most applications. Choosing the right one may require some research. This is why we are starting a blog series outlining the features and benefits associated with the many foams that fit into this large subset of gasket material options: Foams for Low Clamping Force Seals
We are starting this series with SILICONE FOAM
- Maintains its flexibility across a wide temperature range (-50ºC to 200ºC)
- Superior flame resistance; low flame, smoke and toxicity upon combustion
- Resists environmental extremes like UV and ozone
- Resilient to mechanical fatigue
- Superior resistance to compression set and creep
Marian converts many varieties of silicone foam at a range of thicknesses. Contact us for a sample, prototype or a quote. Click here to download data sheets for commonly converted materials.